Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'74 K5 4" Lift to 6" Lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wfotyme, Apr 24, 2004.

1. wfotyme

wfotyme Registered Member

\'74 K5 4\" Lift to 6\" Lift questions

I have a 74 K5 Blazer with a 4" lift. I want to put a 6" lift in..Can I use the same drivelines and shocks etc. that I have with the 4"? What do I need to change if anything..

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: \'74 K5 4\" Lift to 6\" Lift questions

You will have to replace the shocks on it. If the 4" didn't come with the arm go ahead and plan on that as well. Also I put the extended brake lines on mine and had to swap my e-brake with a newer set up from an 84. Also had to do some exhaust modifications /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif, due to I went from 4" blocks to 6" springs, to get it to fit.

3. chevyman562

chevyman562 Registered Member

If you swap to a 6" lift, I'll buy your 4" lift.

4. xdelirious45x

xdelirious45x Registered Member

I wanted to purchase a superlift 6" inch lift kit for my truck. I have a 1988 Chevy Blazer, I understand some blazers come from the factory with a bracket on the chassis for dual front shocks, which i want, however, i do not have these brackets on my chassis. Any alternatives? Also, would dual shocks be better for a 6" lift? What kind of gear ratio should my rear have, right now I believe they are 3.55. The tires I have on my truck are 33x12.50xr15?

Thanks

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dual shocks should only be used, or only need to be used when your going at high speeds on rough terrain, or have something like a plow on the front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Otherwise single shocks is good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. xdelirious45x

I plan on going off roading with my truck. I live right near Giants Stadium where there are the meadowlands and a lot of marsh areas. Sometimes, I need to drive at high speeds. I have a 1988 Chevy Blazer TBI OHV 4Spd Trans. I want to use dual shocks. Do you have any ideas? Do they sell bolt on brackets?

I appreciate your response 84 GMCJimmy

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you already have a 4" lift, think ORD 1" body lift and ORD Zero rates. You will loose some axle articulation with a dual shock set up. I really recomend a high quality shock instead of dual shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If you have a fab shop near you, it would be better so they could make the shocks have better travel. But if you still want the factory dual mounts, maybe go to the dealership or a junkyard and look for a truck with dual shocks on it. Otherwise I don't know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

You can get dual shock mounts at national tire and wheel. for about $75 for a whole set front and rear. I got a set then decided to go with high qualityu shocks instead. I gave the shock mounts to my brother and bought some Bilstein 5100 14" travel shocks.

Nick

10. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

hey there i found a set of dual brackets in the lmc catalog www.lmctruck.com 2004 winter edition number 2 part number is 30-3604 LH 30-3605 RH 16.95 each it's for a 81-91 but all you should have to do is drill a hole in the frame. hope it works for you. take care.

11. xdelirious45x

THANK YOU VERY MUCH I APPRECIATE IT!