Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74 K5 mover

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bedford boy, Aug 5, 2004.

1. bedford boy

bedford boy Registered Member

In the next month i'm moving from Los Angeles to Salt Lake and need to get my 74 K5 there somehow. It has 15" 5 lugs with 33"X12.5" on and are obviuosly too wide for a dolly or trailer. My question is: are Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels, Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels, Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels...ie: will 15" car wheels with much smaller tires fit the front so i can dolly it?? The truck has no engine/tranny/transfer case so i think it only weighs around 3,000lbs. Thanks in advanced.

2. bedford boy

bedford boy Registered Member

also, what is the link to the rear disc brake conversion?? thanks.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i pulled my fiances 99 2 door tahoe with 31x10.5 on a u-haul dolly for 3 hours with no problem, i dont know if i coulda fit a 12.5 wide though, sorry, good luck

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

There is lots of posts for the disc brake conversion, but here is an old one that is quite lengthy... clickty

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Just passing some info along, alot of equpment/tracter rental places have larger size car haulers.

I mover a 1 ton crew cab with one /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My question is: are Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels, Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels, Chevy 15" 5 lug wheels...ie: will 15" car wheels with much smaller tires fit the front so i can dolly it??

[/ QUOTE ]
    To answer your question, no. The studs on a truck are 1/2" vs the studs on a car that are 7/16". The car wheels won't fit on your truck. Try using wheels from a 1/2 ton truck with smaller tires.