Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74, LIFT?S

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74chelsea, Sep 19, 2001.

1. 74chelsea

74chelsea Registered Member

IF IVE GOT A 74 BLAZER AND WANT TO PUT AN 8 OR 9 INCH LIFT ON, WHATS THE BEST DEAL, AND WHAT ELSE WOULD I HAVE TO DO THAT DOESNT COME WITH THE KIT. LIKE EXTENDED DRIVE SHAFTS, AND STUFF LIKE THAT.
    THANKS

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

WHY?
    IMO thats to much of a lift you will run into many drive line probs. such as drive shafts ,steering geomatry, pinion angels. if your tires are a rubb'en break out the sawsall. but just thats my opinion.

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

It really depends on how you want to lift it. You can get 8-9 out of a 6 inch suspension lift and a 2-3 inch body lift. Or you could go for an 8 inch suspension lift. You'd probably find alot of information if you did a search for "lift" or "suspension lift". As far as pricing OffroadDesign was able to help me out and beat the prices that a few other places had, I believe that 4wheel parts wholesalers promises to beat any price. Once you know what kind of lift you want you can get more information on brake line and driveline changes etc. :)
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

I bought an 8" lift from National Tire and Wheel that only cost me $400. It came with Superlift front springs, rear 5" Superlift blocks, rear Skyjacker add-a-leafs and four Skyjacker shocks. I had to buy steering correction seperately. I also had to drop the transfer case almost 2". Hope this helps