Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

75 A/C compressor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlackDog714, Nov 24, 2002.

1. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

I just got a 75 Chevy C20 Surburban for the engine. Low and behold its got A/C and it works! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Well I want to set up an on-board air compressor, will the A/C compressor work? I (obviously) have all the brackets to mount it and drive it. BTW I dont have any of the model # but it is the long skinny one, not the short fat one.

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you have a A6 Compressor.
    Yes You can use it as an OBC You will have to squrt some oil down the intake every now and then just keep it going.
    I know a guy that has used one for over a year now he runs it everyday that he uses the truck a 42 power wagon with a 460 ford running 44in boggers this truck is cool even with the ford motor. Anyway the Power wagon is his daly ride, He has a tank under the truck the rest of the stuff is from a old shop compressor. He really likes it

Eric

3. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

OK, so what is every once in a while? Once a week, month, year? Is there any automated way to oil it? Thanks

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I guess that would depend on how much you use it, The guy I talked about. I don't think used any oil on his. That being said I would squrt something Like Marvel Mistory oil or something Synthetic down the hole.
    There maybe some kind of auto injection oiler out there, I know I read about one being used but I forget where, Sorry
    Now you could try useing a oil water seperater, You could put it on the out side them plum a fitting from the bottom of the seperater to the intake use a "T" fitting then you mite beable to make some kind of a suction so it will pull the oil back in to the system. On Board Air these guys deal with the York and the Sanden Compressers but they do have alot of parts and some insight to what you mite need.
    I will say I was going to use a A6 for my setup ( and still mite) But I found that I didn't have all brackets for me to use it. So I mite use a York or the Sanden Both of which I have sitting around waiting for me to make up my mind.

Eric