Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'75 a/c question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by angelglo, Jan 23, 2002.

1. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

\'75 a/c question

i have a 75 blazer with a 90 front clip. i want to know if anyone has done the conversion for the a/c. it has the 90 condener but the 75 drier.. im also going to be putting on a later style compressor due to the headers and not beeing able to use the mounts. the fittings are not the same for 75 and the 90. if anyone has done this can you tell me what you have used or where you had the fitting made. thanks for the help

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Re: \'75 a/c question

I havn't done the conversion but, one thing to think about, isn't the 90 compessor a serpentine belt and the 75 is a v belt, if so then theres not really a tension adjustment on the brackets for the 90, the idler puller tensions the serpentine. so hows that going to work?? are you going to swap on the serpentine with all the 90 accessories?? other than that the condenser shouldn't be a problem. and you could have a shop fab up hoses if the conections are a little different.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>