Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

75' Blazer Steering Column Bearings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gswiech, Dec 18, 2005.

1. gswiech

gswiech Newbie

Does anyone know of a source for the steering column bearings for a 75' Blazer ?

2. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I had a local guy come and fix my column. I think it cost me $100 for the parts and labor.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If you can't find them "by application", take them out and measure OD, ID and thickness and note the type, and order them "by size". Any good auto parts stores can order bearings by dimension. You could always order from grainger or the like type places too..

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

They are not your normal bearings. They are 2 piece and all the little ball bearings are notorious for falling out when you try to change them. I have rebuilt MANY tilt and non-til steering columns. The best kit so far comes direct from the factory. Call the dealer and ask for the kit part number. Then order it from gmpartsdirect.com and save yourself some $$.

5. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i agree with shane ive done this mwith my 88 its been awesome when you have all the new stuff and your not searching for crap you dontknow if you need or not, and seeing if you can match up bearings is a pain,
    do it right the first time!!!!
    save yourself some aggrivation

LUKE