Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

75 k5 weatherstriping???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by camok5, Sep 17, 2003.

1. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am looking for a good weatherstiping supplier for a 75 k5. I need everything including a round the top and the front windows???

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

ChevyDuty is where i'm getting all mine for my 75 burb /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

LMC carries it all now,so does Classic Industires.
    The side-door window frame pieces that go in the top are particuallry hard to find because they had the big metal-innard boxy thing at the rearward-bottom portion of it, but I think these two sources carry them now.
    I've not used the stuff my self, and I've heard some people complain they don't fit like original, but there's not much other choice. I've looked, short of being lucky and coming across NOS pieces, this is it.

4. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

CALL AMERICAN CLASSIC ENT..HERE IN TEXAS..THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN LMC...AND IT BETTER STUFF...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL
    MAKING DRIVESHAFTS LOOK LIKE PRETZELS SINCE 00

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I bought all my weatherstripping from LMC for one of my 74 Blazers. The only problem I had was the seal on the top between the fiberglass top and the upper windshield frame. The bottom seal that goes on the upper windshield frame was too long. I simply cut about 1" from the center of it to make it fit and added a little RTV. Other than that, they all fit just fine. I bought every seal they make for my 74. All but the above fit well. The quality is average.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Did you get yours to seal up at the top corners where the door caps meet the top seals? Mine leaks like crazy! It's really pissing me off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif especially when we get the MONTHS of rain here in the PNW! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I haven't turned the hose on it yet. I still have to install the wing window glass on the driver side.