Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

76 Axel ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigdave1050, Mar 30, 2007.

1. bigdave1050

bigdave1050 1/2 ton status

Ok so I was changing my fluid today in my rear 12b and noticed that there was a piece missing from the Axel to the breather tube. Can this be replaced? also in the second pick I noticed that my axel is stamped GM80 what does that mean?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The breather tube fitting can be replaced yes, I don't know if I have one in my parts bin but if I find one I'll let you know.
    As for the GM80, I can't confirm, I thought it was the year they were made since mine always coincided with the year of the truck, but in your case unless someone changed it, it doesn't match the year :confused:

4. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

BTW, it's "Axle". Looks like you just need that little coupler that goes between the breather hose and the axle housing.

5. bigdave1050

oops, I didn't even notice that I did that.:o Thanks for the info. I'm going to tap a new coupler into the axle this weekend.

6. bigdave1050

Thanks to all that helped me with this issue. I went to Checkers and Picked up a tap set and two connector tubes (Forget what they called them) and $23 later the problem is solved. Thanks again for those who lent an ear and helped me with the problem....I'm sure I'll have lots more questions in the future.:D

[​IMG]