Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

76 Truck Bed Swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryanrash, Feb 1, 2006.

1. bryanrash

bryanrash Registered Member

Dec 7, 2003
    I just got a 76 1/2 ton Chevy truck with a step side bed. I want to switch it out to a regular short bed. Anybody know what all I am going to have to do to accomplish this? Also, what year beds will work?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Nov 1, 2004
    73-87 beds will work. and unbolt and bolt new one on. possible hole or 2 will need to be poped in frame. and bumper change might be needed if you have the non truck style step bumper. also get the lights and wiring for the lights on the box end of it. the wiring plug changed around 83-85 i think. might need to grab filler tube also from doner truck for gas tank filing. and look for a box with the filler on the side you need.

if you cant find the box with the filler side you need no biggy. same brackets and tank left to right side of the frame. just need the left or right sender for tank. and if going from right to left need to lengthen the lines over to the left.