Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 blaer and m1009

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Mar 14, 2007.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Will the bumper, tow hooks, and brushgaurd work off cucv on a 77 blazer?

2. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

well i just took that stuff off my cuvc, it should work, but you might have to drill new holes for the tow hook brackets

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Not easily. The rear bumper can be made to fit with minor fiddling, but the fronts are different enough to make it a real pain.

The '1009 bumpers are basically stock 1981+ bumpers, and the brushguard is made to fit it ... the bumpers don't fit 73-80 trucks as bolt-ons and the brushguards don't fit the older style bumpers as bolt-ons.

The shackles can be made to work... search my posts, I've put up lots of pix before.

-- A

4. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

In that case anyone know anyone who sells tow hooks that bolt in fit the 77? I found some chrome one's on LMC but from race experience you learn chrome is evel, when the stuff breaks off its as sharp as glass. Would rather not have that on a high stress often used part.

5. dremu

The factory made nice ones -- not like those goofy twisted ones for 81+. The factory 73-80 tow hooks are sweet. And your frame is already drilled for them.

[​IMG]

Failing that, cut a hole in your bumper and drill a few holes, or weld on to your aftermarket bumper, the CUCV shackle tubes. They're basically 1.5x2" square tube, IIRC, and the CUCV shackles are nice ones -- I have a set on my '74 as well as on my CUCV.

-- A

6. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Those look mean as hell. Looking allover the place and can't seem to find them.

7. dremu

Post up here, or check Ebay... don't see any right (just looked), but they show up now and again.

I still prefer the shackle-style, as the strap can't fall off a closed loop like it can (and does, doh!) the hook.

-- A