Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 Blazer emissions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jakeslim, Oct 5, 2002.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I have a 77 k5 with a 350 engine. Can someone tell me what the emissions set up was on this particular year and engine size? I know its heavy duty with no cat...but what else? I need to be set up correctly to pass in this wonderful state
    New Jersey. EGR? Air pump? heat stove? Please help or refer me to a site that can.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

stock they come with non of that exept the heat stove /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif no smog pump no egr no cats non of it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I own a 77 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif It came with a 6 cyl in it I had just put a 350 crate engine in.I have no smog equipment at all and passed the test here in las vegas all it needed was a gas cap that was the only manditory part the smog man checked for. mike m

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the answers. All good news of course!

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Anyone here in New Jersey that can share an emissions story?
    Perhaps a place that I should go to have smog test taken? I know that I should stay away from gov locations, but any leniant suggestions would help.