Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 blazer narrowing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nova, Jun 26, 2004.

1. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

i was thinking of narrowing my front and rear (body). i've seen some people do it but not sure on how i do this. i don't want alot, just enough to keep the panels out of the way of mother nature's rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif (pics and advice please)
    and also is there a legal thing about doing this to our turcks. if so what can i do to keep me out of tickets. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    no matter what if i can figure out how to do this i will probably do it anyways no matter what the police say. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't know about how to narrow it, but about how far, I'd check with the local authorities about how much tire can be sticking out. Thats why alot of people have to run fender flares, to cover the tire. If you narrow it, you might run into trouble. You could always just go ahead and do it. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

The legal part probably depends more on your local authorities than anything else. Around here they don't much care until you drive stupid and then they nail you for tires sticking out along with anything else they can come up with.

How to do it? Well, There are probably as many ways to do it as there are people that have done it. Here are some tips and maybe some of the other guys that have done this can chime in. First of all skinning it all out really helps I think. The reason I say this, is because after its skinned out you don't have as much metal to bend. Secondly, Any horizontal surface is going to give you trouble unless you do some kind of relief cut to give it room to bend. One example would be the bed rails that your topper sits on. If you don't cut them they buckle. When I did mine I went with several small relief cuts which allowed for the bending to be averaged out over the length of the fenders. Some I've seen Make one cut, a big one, and then let all the bend happen there. Just depends on what you want it to look like. If you want to see some pics of mine click the link in my sig and look at the big green blazer.

4. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

your truck looks cool as hell. that is what i am wanting to do to my rig. thanks for the info. oh yes where is your gas tank?

any others out there /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif