Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 Blazer project

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Jun 13, 2003.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hey fellas,

i'm in the process of a full resto on a 77 Blazer and was hoping for some insight from some blazer experts.

right now the body is off and i'm preping for sandblasting. the cab is getting a new floor (front pans and rear 3' of bed), cabmounts, wheelwells and quarters. the tailgate and doors are good. i'll be picking up a whole new nose with cowl induction hood in a couple months, once the quarters and floors are migged.

i'm in the process of doing a 383 for it. it also has a NP205 and 4 speed. it has the 12 bolt out back, 10 up front. i have available to me a 14 bolt FF rear. is that a straight swap in? i'd like to run a 4" suspension kit and 1" body kit to fit some 35's under it.

am i better off going with a 4" shackle flip and new stock springs with the 14 bolt? or am i better off with just a new 4" spring? i'm not interested in running blocks, i'm ready to get new springs all around.

which brings me to stance. how will 5 inchs be with 35's?

probably going to swap the front over to 8 lug too if i go with 14 bolt.

thanks for any thoughts....

2. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i've got 35s and about 6" of lift with what seems like plenty of room. if you do a search you'll prob find a ton of links to lift/tire size questions.