Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

I found a 77 Blazer I want, decent shape. He wants around 1100 good running 305 T350, A/C 3" suspension lift, 33" Thornbirds, decent body. It needs the following:
    front floorboards
    PS leak fix
    Transfer case
    rear glass
    Freon
    How much should I expect to pay for floorboards and rear glass? Any good place to get them? How difficult is it to remove and replace the transfer case, its the full time case (NP 203?) I am pretty capable, but I haven't ever swapped a tfer case. What does a part time conversion consist of? The truck has manual hubs, is that it or is there more to it.
    Thanks
    AW

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude,
    i could be wrong, but that sounds pretty high for a rig with non-functioning 4x4. if the t-case worked, that would be another story.i know there are always exceptions to the rule.the other fixer stuff besides the floor is small change. t-case will be some work,simpley because of the weight.youll need help to say the least. good luck.

3. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

Well I didnt say I would pay 1100 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif The current owner said he was quoted an hour and a half labor by a shop, so I figure it cant be too difficult, get a transmission jack and what not.
    Thanks
    AW

4. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Oh there's nothing like pulling a 203 and even more fun putting it back in. Just stay out of it's way when it decides to come down. I just got $2.50 in scrap for mine, of course I kept the range box.

5. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

How much should a salvaged 203 run me? How much would you guys pay for this truck. I figured I would offer him 600, not pay more than 750 depending on how much a new case is.
    Thanks
    Aaron