Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 Chalet?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by santana, Apr 7, 2005.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

There's a 77 chalet for sale here locally minus blown engine and flat tires. The guy wants $750.00 for it and he's the 2nd owner he's just too old to keep it and fix it. The camper is in great condition with all the appliances as far as I can see and so it the interior and exterior. The ? is what do I look for as far as what they came with and without and are they worth it.. Why do they have double tail lights.? :confused:

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Doug (azblazer) is the resident Chalet nut/expert. You might PM him.

Harley

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Doug and Dremu.

Rene

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yep, Doug is the resident expert. PM him and he'll get back to you, but it sounds like a deal.

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Check out the web site
    http://blazerchalet.com/
    Lots of good info should have kept mine I think they are cool maybe would like to buy another. They have two sets of lights cause is just put on a Blazer body and stuff. One of the problems that Chevy had was, it was about, if not past it's weight limit for 1\2 stuff, and they didn't sell very well. If you don't want it PM me maybe I might. Found one up here for $3500 but has some rust so thats about their price range. One on E-bay went for like 8,000 or so awile ago but it was almost perfect. I bought mine on E-Bay for $500 and never got to see it it was in PA and I could not get it shipped, it was too tall. So I sold it without ever seeing it :frown1:

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Man, if I found something like that here.. I'd probably snag it. It would have to wait until the current K5 is done, before I could slap in a motor.. but that's no biggy.

7. dallassnowman

dallassnowman 1/2 ton status

Wheres it at so i can buy it.......just what I've been looking for!!!!! :grin:

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

It's up in Glendale, It's sitting in the guys driveway with a sign on it, I scoped it out while driving around working. It's in great shape cosmetic wise as in no body damage,rust or missing parts. I believe the interior of the camper thingy is complete but I don't know what they came with so I couldn't say for sure. Tires are flat and cracked sidewalls like it hasn't moved in a while and according to him the engine froze up several moons ago.

I can help if someone here might want it. I'm more in the search for a 2wd truck/blazer myself so I wouldn't go for this now.

If I happen to get routed by there tomorrow or monday I'll take my digi and take a couple of pics if someone is up for it and if the owner doesn't mind..

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If the campers in good shape with all the stuff working in there, it's worth it.

10. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Lets see some pictures!!!

11. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

SOLD.......

Darn, I let this go. I didn't have a chance to go back by there and it sold over the weekend. I had gathered a good amount of info on these things too.. :frown1:

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

He who hesitates is lost...

I hate that four letter word--SOLD!--unless its ME who's selling something!.

.Things like a Chalet are pretty rare,in any condition nowadays- they dont stay for sale for long--IF they bother to even TRY to sell them!-I cant believe what I see in junkyards for motor homes and RV's that are literally discarded...I cant understand why people dont try harder to sell stuff rather than just call a salvage yard... :screwy:

Oh well,at least someone bought it,and might restore it..better than letting it rot in some boneyard,then getting crushed... to bad you couldn't have gotten it though...crazy: