Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'77 Chevy Shortbed $$ ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Dec 3, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

\'77 Chevy Shortbed $$ ??

Never really checked out these trucks as far as what they go for or what they are worth. I saw one the other day sitting at a trucking company that had a little for sale sign in it. Called the guy out of curiosity cause I'd like to get a shortbed someday.
    They are the original owners, has some rust along the front of the hood, the body is really straight but paint is faded (original), its a K10 (1/2T), 4bb 350 that runs good, its the second engine since it was bought new in '77, tranny only has reverse and one of the ujoints on the front shaft needs to be replaced. Interior is in good shape, has a/c and all its a TH350 tranny with a 203. He said he'd take $800....is that normal or a good deal? Oh and its even got a big ol camper shell on it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Also, how are 203's to drive around with? Never had a fulltime truck.

Thanks/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: \'77 Chevy Shortbed $$ ??

HUGE steal for 800 for a shorty 4x4 thats cali clean,

something liek that around here would go for way tons more, even if it were from around here and junk rusted body that needed replaced.

good luck

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinking, but like I said, I havent really checked any out or what the going rate is. The most rust that I saw was on the front of the hood where it comes down and meets the grill. There were a few holes. But hoods are easy to come by here. With it being the original owner, its worth something right there as far as knowing what the truck has been through. The guy pointed out everything on the phone, even things I wouldnt have seen like the rust under the camper where the camper meets the bed...surface rust probably. TH350 4wd tranny should be pretty easy to come by too and not to expensive.
    What is the 203 like for normal driving?

4. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike check any past due rego and smog problems
    and if its all good there well
    if you dont buy it send me the nu so i can :-)
    my neibor is selling a 1973 shorty with a valve tick for 1500 firm and 6" lift 350 -205 bald az tires decent body and in primer im think about it
    if ya want some pics let me know call me is best
    Serious;y
    Randy

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a GOOD deal... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I just bought ONE..for $500...last week..
    It needs a bed, 2 fenders, a hood and 2 rockers..
    but mechanically...it's in great shape..

I've had a couple fulltime trucks..
    In fulltime...you will get about 8 miles to the gallon..
    But by pulling the front driveshaft...and put the transfer in 4 Lock...You can pick-up your gas mileage...

Here's mine

[​IMG]