Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 gmc gold painted trim, whyon chevy also ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Aug 26, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

gmc celebrated its 75th anniversary in 77, howcomr chevy trucks in 77 alsohve the gol trim ? cant possibly have had zero regular black trimfor both division that year and only gold ones

1918 was chevys first yearof trucks, so it technically shouldnt have included them in 77
    anyone know anything on this ?

hmm

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

being a 77 chevy nut, this is the first i have EVER heard of the gold trim being due to GMC's anniversary.

where did you get your info?

mike

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

go look and see at the link, i am not sure if you are trying to say i am wrong and that this is all false, or ?
    1902 was first for GMC not chevy, chevy truck was first in 1918, so stop and think about it.. apparently you dont know as much as you believe you do, i am not claiming i knew about the gmc first year, but i did know and have known for years that 1918 was first of chevy trucks and that 68 was the 50th gold and ivory and parchment year. RPO code 551

do you have soem magical better reasonw hy 77 trucks had gold trim ? id liek to hear it !! very curious Mr. California dude /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. BeaterK20

BeaterK20 Guest

they have the trim because the General decided to put it there. now accept it and move on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif seriously, it may be due to the fact that its cheaper to produce parts at one facility, and paint the same color stripe on all of them. good enough answer for you Mr Illinois Dude?

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    go look and see at the link, i am not sure if you are trying to say i am wrong and that this is all false, or ?
    1902 was first for GMC not chevy, chevy truck was first in 1918, so stop and think about it.. apparently you dont know as much as you believe you do, i am not claiming i knew about the gmc first year, but i did know and have known for years that 1918 was first of chevy trucks and that 68 was the 50th gold and ivory and parchment year. RPO code 551

do you have soem magical better reasonw hy 77 trucks had gold trim ? id liek to hear it !! very curious Mr. California dude /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like we got ourselves another smartass. Welcome to the board, there are several others here that you will be in good company with.

first of all, what link?

second of all, how much do I "believe I know" ? I simply stated that I am a 77 chevy nut (having owned several over the years and it being my favorite year)

As for me asking where you get your info, I have been reading brochures, manuals, and countless pages of web forums just like this one for many years now and Ive seen a little bit about everything (or so it seems) and this is the FIRST I have heard of any anniversary. That is not to say its not the case, I would just like more information as to your sources (if in fact there are any)

Several years before and after '77 there was the gold/amber/yellow (or take your pick from one of several other supposed names for that color) trim on other body parts IE hubcaps, lettering, grills, etc.. It just so happens that they painted the body trim yellow for that year. Also I beleive in 1975 there was a GMC "gentleman Jim" truck which had the same yellow body trim as the 77 chevy/gmc's... In your words, "do you have soem magical better reasonw hy 75 gentleman jim trucks had gold trim ? id liek to hear it !!"

now give me that link that you speak of and Ill decide for myself. I would love to be able to tell people its because of the GMC 75th anniversary.. My current ride is a 77 GMC complete with yellow trim.

-mike /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif