Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 Jimmy (value?)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlackK5, Apr 21, 2000.

1. BlackK5

BlackK5 Registered Member

My neighbor is thinking about selling his 77 Jimmy. He is the original owner. Believe it has about 120,000 miles on her. Everything original. It has not been driven into the ground. Appears to be in pretty good shape for a 23 year old truck. Is some rust in wheel wells. 350 engine. 4 speed. What do ya all think its worth?

2. Mike's85K5

Mike's85K5 Registered Member

I would say the truck is worth somewhere around $2500. Finding a truck in original condition is worth a lot if you plan to rebuild it. There is nothing worse then having to fix someone else's "modifications." If the rust isn't beyond repair this is a sound investment because the drivetrain in this truck is very rugged. In addition to my '85 K5 I also have a '79 K10 stepside that I have beating on for 8 years now. This truck has the same drivetrain as your K5 (except a 10-bolt front axle versus your better Dana 44) and all I have replaced is the engine (the original 350 went for 207,000 miles before it required too much maintenance) and a clutch. The truck now has 250,000 miles and is the most dependable thing I have ever seen!

Mike