Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'77 Jimmy W/ 87K original mile (Good buy? Problems to look for?)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scott73, May 25, 2002.

1. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

\'77 Jimmy W/ 87K original mile (Good buy? Problems to look for?)

Haven't seen it yet, but its a one owner. Says it has a little rust, but not very bad. Anything problem areas i should look for? He says its all original, except the motor was rebuilt a while back. He wants $2000 for it. I really would like an 81 or new, but this is more my price range. Any problems with the older Jimmys? What do you think?

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

Re: \'77 Jimmy W/ 87K original mile (Good buy? Problems to look for?)

thats not a bad price for it if hes the only owner but be sure and check it out good for rust really no problems with a 77 that i know of but usually with that low of mileage the engine should have lasted longer than that i think its worth going to look at just look and make sure the rust areas are something that can be fixed what i mean by that is you can buy certain replaceable body parts and some you cant

3. abusedtrucks

abusedtrucks Registered Member

Re: \'77 Jimmy W/ 87K original mile (Good buy? Problems to look for?)

check out all the body mounts... they are not a deal breaker, but they are a billion times easier to replace when they are still intact. I have busted those things before and had them rip through the floor... it makes it hard to replace because then it bends everything up quite a bit... they are cheap, and you can replace them in a day... just something to watch for though, because once you start bouncing around, they'll give.

Let us know if you end up getting it. As you know, we're all interested in those types of things.