Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77' K-5 for sale

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by hidesertwheelin, Apr 4, 2005.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am selling my 1977 K-5 Blazer. It has a 400SB, turbo 350, full time NP-203, dana 44/12-bolt w/ 3:73 gears. Runs great. Newer 4-core radiator and battery. Interior needs some work. Comes with a set of newer K-5 high back seats. Some rust on roof and a few other places. I am located in Apple Valley, Ca. $1500. obo or trade for?

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  2. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

Hows the running condition overall for use as a daily driver? Current tags/smog as well? Any back fees that need to be addressed? Is the rust cosmetic or is it turning into cancer that needsd to be adressed for structural reasons? Might be interested in the truck to buy as a daily for my sister who lives out that way.

3. hidesertwheelin

The only cancer rust is in the ypper door jam near the windshield. It is about 4" long. I can send you a picture of it if you like? I have commuted down the hill to work that is 45 miles one way. How far does she have to drive? I wouldn't want to drive to far becasu eof the gas milage. The passanger side valve cover has a leak as well as a snall leak fromm the rear main seal? It smokes a little on startup and that is it. It runs strong, I just have to many trucks. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

4. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

She doesnt have to go that far actually. Its maily a situation where I know shes going to hav esome minor fender benders here and there and would like to see her with a large safe truck. Back when she lived in massachusetts she had driven some full sized pickups as well as my car (old RWD regal) on occasion so I figure something big, safe, and with the reliability of a SBC, keeps running with minor problems and not likely to leave her on the side of the road. Shes on the outskirts of LA but thats only about 100 miles from ya. I figure her average trip would be 10 miles or less so figuring $6/day in gas which isnt entirely unreasonable. Smoke puffs are most likely valve guide seals, doesnt sound like anything big. When you get a chance send me anything else you might have for some pictures, I'm still trying to figure out the next time I can get out there to see her and try to pick something up for her, but I'd appreciate anything you could forward. Thanks again

5. hidesertwheelin

6. hidesertwheelin

New Price. Need to sell. have to many projects.

7. hidesertwheelin