Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

77 k5 In the chicago area, now on ebay with NO RESERVE!!!

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by Spkrman, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Spkrman

Spkrman Registered Member

NOW ON EBAY!!!! NO RESERVE, it goes for what it goes for! http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/blazer/blazer8.jpg

Great project vehicle! Good motor (454), good tranny... VERY low miles on the motor (under 3k). 36" swamper radials with low miles on them also. New interstate workaholic 900 something CCA battery, which is periodically charged in my garage, not sitting in the truck!

----

More detailed info!

The bottom end is strong. It has been bored .030 over to {461) I used a speed pro forged aluminum piston wich makes 10:1 pump friendly CR. These have a .260 dome. I fitted them with a set of file fit rings $110 for a set. The rods were inspcted resized and fitted with a set of ARP wavelok bolts. The crank was turned .10/.10 and I used Clevite berings. I also used a ARP stud bolt to hold the mains (2 bolt). The cam is a comp 268 (485/485 @ .050). A torky cam with a nice idle but not annoying. It has a Melling high volume oil pump and a Cloys hardened double roller timing set spins the cam. I used stock push rods and rockers But had the heads fitted with a set of springs.The heads are stock but of course inspected and rebuilt. Felpro gaskets were used through out the engine.

On the outside Ive got a Weiand intake and a nice Holly 670cfm street avenger carb. A new distributor with blue plug wires fire the engine. Chrome valve covers and air cleaner with a K&N air filter top the motor. The block is finished off with a coat of chevy orange. I would say the motor makes an honest 400 horse power and god only knows how much tork. The drive train is a stout built 350t trans. It was built about a year ago by my tranny guy. It has a shift kit, deep chrome pan, and a 2000 stall converter. It shifts real nice

The transfer case is the original cast iron {not a weak aluminum one) case. It probably is the only thing that has not been rebuilt in the truck, but it is very stong and works perfect. The rear is a GM 12 bolt that I put a locker in when I had the tranny rebuilt. (tranny and locker have about 8000mi on them) The front is a Dana 44. All the U joints Have had recent replacement. The brakes are also fairly fresh.

It is GM Copper. It has a white vinyl top. It looks real clean and gives it that suttle factory look. I have a 10,000 pound warn front bumper on it That will mount any warn winch. KC daylighters are mounted on top of it. The back bumper is nice and shiny. Has a rear roll down window. NO RUST. The top is removeable. The interior is flawless. New black dash pad, fairly new carpet, New custom mounted white face gauges with a black tach.

Some general things: It has dual 2 and 1/2 pipes into rino mufflers. It has a BIG 4 core radiator.

Warn locking hubs. New battery, power stering pump, and gear box. Has a big center consol. The gears ratio is 4.56.

---

The truck has been sitting on my driveway for the past year and a half, was started last summer.

Time to get a project that fits into the garage!

4500 OBO... $ talks and I'm ready to get rid of it!

Would also be interested in trades + cash, most any smaller 2 door hatch or small sized wagon will be considered!

Any Q's just ask! You can catch me on AIM: speakerman525 or drop me an email: spkrman at comcast.net !

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  2. Spkrman

Just had a photo shoot... notice the *minimal* rust.

Make some offers - she's ready to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Spkrman

3900!!!

time to get it off the driveway!

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

And why are you selling it?

5. Spkrman

I dont drive it, and really can't afford to drive it.

The $ will be put toward more important things, right now.

6. MISFIT014X4

MISFIT014X4 Registered Member

trade

wuold you be intreted in trading 4 a camaro z28,383 stroker less than a 1000 miles on rebuild? :D

7. Spkrman

I missed this post

I'm always up for an offer... if you have pics you can email them to spkrman - at - comcast.net!

Also note its now on ebay!

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/blazer/blazer8.jpg

8. MISFIT014X4

camaro

sent you pictures :grin:

9. Spkrman

do you have any better quality pics?

Its hard to base a decision on blurry pics!

As it is, I don't think it would work out.

10. MISFIT014X4

camaro

need to pull it out the garage and get better pictures,will try to this week :D