Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'77 K5 with SM465 and no Reverse lights.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyhs, Jun 6, 2001.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

\'77 K5 with SM465 and no Reverse lights.

I heard there was a plug on the side of the tranny but I couldn't find it. I did find two wires hanging down near my clutch linkage though. Can someone explain the wiring for this. Thanks.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: \'77 K5 with SM465 and no Reverse lights.

The plug is on the drivers side of the transmission, just behind where the bellhousing bolts up, right above the top "reinforcing ridge" of the tranny case. Two prong connector, one vertical, one horizontal. Pain in the a$$ to get connected with the truck all put together, at least in mine...the body is RIGHT there, and the connection is a pretty tight fit.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: \'77 K5 with SM465 and no Reverse lights.

When I last had my SM 465 out I found a plug near the drivers side of the top cover. I don't know if it is a ground interupt switch like the interior lights but AFAIK its only two wires.

Mines not hooked up either...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>