Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!*$!*#@!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheBlazerKid, Dec 9, 2000.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

man I'm mad at myself right now, I was leaving my friends house last night and I had my head out the window looking behind me backing up. the front swong around and hit a basketball hoop poll thing. so now I have big dent in the side of my truck!!!!...so now I get to take it out and repaint the whole fender. well anyway I thought I would get that off my chest.

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]Just leave the dent and tell everyone you did it on some nasty ol rock when you were wheelin it![​IMG][​IMG]

I recently ran into the back of my wife's old Mustang (that she'd had since new) pulling into the driveway, wiped out her tail-lights. I couldn't even say I didn't see it, I just pulled up too far like a smart-ass[​IMG]. She still teases me about that one!

Rene

[​IMG]

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

that's what mirrors are for/\rof era srorrim tahw s'taht

hey look,,i'm an "enthusiast" now i must spend way to much time here

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

About four years ago, I was driving home from work when-

a) "Back in Black" by ACDC came on the radio, which of course made me reach over and turn up the volume

and

b) An apple rolled out of my lunchbag as I started to turn a corner just as I finished cranking the stereo, which caused me to reach towards the stray fruit......

When all was said and done, I had mounted a center median and ripped a stop sign off it's mount, leaving a nice little dent in the front bumper as well as a cracked front air dam. Worst of all was the humiliation I experienced as 20 other drivers cheered and honked their horns!!!!!!!

Anyhow, don't sweat it, bro!!!! Accidents happen everyday, and in about six weeks you'll be laughing at yourself instead of kicking yourself.

And remember Paul's Words of Wisdom #43- "If that's the worst thing that's happened today, then I'm doing alright!!!!"

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Just leave it...scratches and dents give character[​IMG]
    I was backing up in an alley and ran into one of those huge residential dumpsters. You know, the ones that are like 4 feet tall with that hinged top, made of plastic, well, it was full and messed up all the paint on the back corner and broke my CB mount...again

90K5

6. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

The story of the bashed in rear bumper goes like this ...

Leaving a bar ( not drunk ), late one night. Walked up to my truck. In front of two very hot babes, no less. Started it up and backed right into one of those big lights with a huge concrete base.

Man was that cool .........

7. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Don't swet it. Dents give an offroad vehicle character, like battle scars. Like mentioned earlier, in a few weeks you'll be laughing about the whole incident. - Jay

8. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

One day we were cruising around in my dads blazer. We were at a stop sign and someone ran into us, they were probably going like 5 mph. Anyways our blazers our military and have the big pintle hook sticking out the back, well the poor fords grill isn't going to look the same. Crushed the thing to pieces, even as slow as it hit us. Thats when I knew I wanted a blazer. IN my old vehicle, a lowered nissan, that would of made the tailgate look pretty ugly!!

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hmmm. Sounds like the problem is that your K5 is too low. If it was properly lifted you would have mowed down that BB pole like one of those little reflectors on the side of the road. SLAM DUNK.

10. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

a loooong time ago, i was running out of the house, in a hurry as always, jumped in to my truck, started it, slammed in to reverse and floored.....CRRRRAAAASSHHHH!!!! i reversed right in to the gardeners little corolla. even though i looked in the rear mirror, i didnt see it. tihs happens!

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com