Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

78 big block 1 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jp0863, Dec 29, 2005.

1. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i found a 78 1 ton with a big block in it. it runs, but has a miss and is running really rich. it's a donation veh (donate your car to charity thing) so i can pick it up for $750. does this seem like a good deal? it's complete, but only 2wd and a dually at that. but it's in good shape and complete, they drove it to the yard.

2. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I picked up my 78 1 ton 4x4 dually for $500 but if its for charity its not bad I guess.

3. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

454 are getting hard to find in most places. It sounds reasonable. Alot of muscle car guys would pick that motor up for reblding at the at price. I think you should scoop it up. If you decide you don't want it, you can sell it and get your money back no problem. I've seen 454 motors for rblding go for that price, and that's just the motor.

4. wildmouse216

wildmouse216 1/2 ton status

If it is a 396 get it now. The 454 might be worth it if you don't have to rebuild it. The guy who bored my cylinders for me said he wouldn't pay over $400 for a core. I sold my performance built 454 (bored, balanced, headers, rv cam, edelbrock intake and carb) for $800. It really sucks to try to get rid of a truck with no motor.