Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

78 Chevy Bazer Chalet 4x4

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by socalslider, Oct 4, 2006.

1. socalslider

socalslider Registered Member

2. a77blazerchalet

a77blazerchalet 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Link long since expired....I wish there was a way to see archived Craigslist ads. From the ads I partially saved from the time, I think the one in the first composite photo below is the one you saw, it is still for sale in the LA area, serial # 1539, according to its owner.

Rather than put the following Craigslist ad in my "Chalet/Casa Grande spotted" thread, I thought I'd put it in this thread, since the seller's rep called me today with the serial # & VIN # and confirmed it is a '76. He will try to get better pics later, the composite photo I have here was brightened up in my CorelDRAW program so I could see it better. http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/car/607667435.html Perris, California

Couldn't say if the price is too high or too low, remember only 225 GMC Jimmy Casa Grandes were made, so the price would be really subjective.

Full disclosure note: I'm not directly associated with any sellers, I don't get paid to mention these sales, I just want these to go to appreciative homes. Besides these two, I have a list of another 13 Blazer Chalets for sale around the country, plus a different list of 7 others where I don't know what their sale status is. PM me if you want the lists.

#1539 Chalet.jpg

#719 Casa Grande.jpg

3. a77blazerchalet

Might as well throw a few more into this thread. The tan & brown one in the post above now appears in this link http://www.recycler.com/advancedsea...key_num+descending&type=boolean&adsperpage=15 The Craigslist link for the Casa Grande still works, and here's one for a Chalet shell on a newer Blazer in Colorado with a "built" 454 & Turbo 400 http://rockies.craigslist.org/car/627452225.html Plus another really rusty original for not much money in Wisconsin http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/603855641.html

As ever, not affiliated with any of the sellers, just want these to go to good homes.....

Gypsum Co Chalet.jpg

4. a77blazerchalet

All of the links above have expired, but I still have the phone # info
    copied in case anybody needs 'em, PM me for that. Here's a new one in Garner NC, I just talked to the owner and he says the camper is only an empty shell with no cabinets, dinette or appliances. Plus he is selling an '83 Jimmy diesel and some Sawblade wheels.....
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/682307589.html

Tell him the guy in Phoenix sent ya...

Garner NC Chalet & Jimmy.jpg

5. a77blazerchalet

6. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Damn. I thought mine was ugly.

7. a77blazerchalet

***5/15/09 Edit, bought from eBay last year, but now the owner needs to sell it - Baltimore Ohio Craigslist (serial #1117, built 10/76).***

#1117 Baltimore OH Chalet 2.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  8. a77blazerchalet

The '77 Chalet I had in post #12 here is back, available June 28, 2008 at this farm auction. Eight word description in the "Autos" section of that web site page, photo at the bottom of it. **12/16/08 EDIT - forgot to mention I found out this one went to a good home in Aug '08, the owner is now a member of our Yahoo Chalet owners' forum. Serial #1551, built 11/76.**

Ohio Binegar auction Chalet 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  9. a77blazerchalet

The Chalet in the post above has been purchased, the new owner joined our Yahoo forum. Might as well throw in two more, what the heck..
    Blazer Chalet serial #914 in Lincoln Neb **5/15/19 Sold, new owner belongs to our Yahoo Chalet owners' fourm**
    GMC Jimmy Casa Grande in Aloha (west of Portland OR) **5/15/19 New photo, it's still available, but the latest ad expired already, but I have the sellers' contact info**
    And remember, if any of these links go dead, I'm still keeping a list of them with additional contact info, it's up to 26 complete units and 4 shells only.

#0914 Lincoln NE Chalet.jpg

#1361 Portland Casa Grande 6.jpg

10. a77blazerchalet

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  11. a77blazerchalet

12. a77blazerchalet

I forget sometimes to type "blazer camper" in my eBay searches besides "blazer chalet". Fortunately one of the guys in our Yahoo Chalet owners' forum dredged up this one - $300 for a shell-only in East Sparta Ohio, less than two days left on the listing.

#0272 Chalet.JPG

13. a77blazerchalet

14. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is that a decent price for it?

I have no idea what those go for, just that I like em.

15. a77blazerchalet

That's a dang good question, you'd really have to look at the thing in person to see how many flaws it has. They are all over the map judging from the list of 35 of 'em I found on the internet (I copy all the ads I find to my computer). $500 for non-running junkers, to the still unsold $24,900 one at a CA muscle car dealer. I'll take $9500 for mine if someone offers that, which would cover the $7300 I have in it and perhaps the value of it not needing acres of expensive repainting or new upholstery throughout. I could be wrong on that premium, or somebody might think it's worth it not to have to do that stuff. Plus I can prove all the camper appliances work, which a lot of these other sellers can't do.

Last I heard, there was a so-so Chalet shell on a wasted snowplow-equipped Blazer in VT, PM me if you want the junkyard's phone #

16. a77blazerchalet

Eastern Montana one, where the seller is clearing out a salvage yard. Serial #1453, built 11/76

MT Chalet 1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  17. a77blazerchalet

18. chubbynova

chubbynova Registered Member

Do you know of any in texas? I am looking to get a new project the first of the new year. Or do you have your list posted on the internet somewhere?

19. a77blazerchalet

Unfortunately, the nearest to you (sort of) is possibly one in Tucson AZ, one other in western Colorado, and one more in Nebraska. Look out for a PM, I can email the list I have.

20. a77blazerchalet

I keep throwing the Craigslist ones I find in this thread, rather than the 'eBay' Chalet thread... latest one in Denver .here.. I talked to the seller a short time ago. It's serial #1009, built 1/77, plus he owns a bunch of other 1st gen & 2nd gen Blazers including several 2wds. He's not much for surfing the internet, but I'll send him ck5.com links anyway.

Denver Chalet 1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008