Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

78 here today

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by landsmasher, Dec 11, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

That is all...

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Its a beautiful sunny day and a balmy 27* here right now. But its susposted to get up to 50 later. Got the fishing poles out and am going out to the lake. Hope I can find some open water. Ice is still too thin for ice fishing. Maby I'll have some pics to post later if I get lucky.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well I'm back from fishing. Here are the picx. Left this mornin went over to pick up a friend to take with me. We had a cup of coffee and went out side to load up.
    As I walked up to my blazer we couldn't help but notice that there was a lake forming under my K5 with a river running into it from my engine. My buddy said "Wow thats handy we got a nice lake right here to fish in. No need to drive all the way out to the lake".
    I agreed and,Well, being the anglers we are ,and not want to miss an oppertunity to fish some real green water. We broke out the poles and cast out.
    It wasn't long before I got a humongious bite...............
    [​IMG]
    It was a huge beast.As it jumped, it looked to me like a trophy small Block chevy water Pump It took the hook near the top then dove down to the middle of the engine compartment. But aftr a mighty struggle and a few steaming runs. It came to the net. What a prize!
    After that the bite kept up. My buddy picked up a nice fan clutch, and we hit a nice school of idler pulleys. The action was really got hot!
    [​IMG]
    The catch of the day

I cant wait till next weekend. Were are talking about going Big Game Fishing...
    My fishing buddy said he saw a 14 Bolt FF swimming around in his pick up bed.....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

:haha: :waytogo:

A couple of years ago my ring and pinion blew right after I filled up the K5 to go camping. I just left all the gear in the truck and took it down to my buddies shop and said FIX IT so I can go on vacation... Rebuilt the whole rear end axles and all and $1200 later I went camping... :cool1: