Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

78 jimmy for sale, need your help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by luk3, Jun 4, 2002.

1. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

i have a question for u guys about what i should offer a guy for his k5 right now its priced at 2,500 obo. This k5 newly rebuilt 350 unsure of the miles, from 30k-15k, 3 year old transmission, two year old tuff country 4 inch ez ride. inter is torn up, no carpet, dash is sun cracked. the body is strait no dents, paint job has a few scratches, no rust anyware on truck, no roll bar. i noticed the powerstearing was leaking, and the rear 14 bolt was wet lookingby the diff, but there was no puddle underneith it. comes with 36 tsl superswampers that are basicaly run down, new wheels.
    plz tell me if u think i shouild jump on this and take it for let it go. thanks for help.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

uh...ya! Sounds like a good truck!

Cash talks! You might walk up to him and say, "I've got 2200 cash" and see what he says...but even 2500. That's a good deal.

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me too most of us spend that much just repairing the rust and putting a 14 bolt under the rear. make him a cash offer of 2000 and see what he says if not and you want it offer a little more

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh dear..GO FOR IT!! you should see what i jjst put my self into..ol..(well my first truck..and im 16)..but i bought 2 blazers..85 and 84..85 body is CRAP..the 84 needs a floor..but outer is solid..so im taking the engine and tranny form one and putting it in the other..cause the better bodied one has no engine or tranny! lol..long story..but ill be all summer at it..

Bryan- id go for it!

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

What are you waiting for? Most of the bigger mods are already done and if what the seller says about the rebuilt eng and trans is true, that sounds like a steal!

6. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

yeah i just have one problem. i have to convince my dad that its worth buying, and he is somewhat hold fassion so it takes awhile. wish me luck

7. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status