Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

78 LUV with a 350 in it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Feb 20, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a guy came in today, was out back and saw it was a chevy LUV. i asked and he said it was a 78.over all it wasn't rusty but looked rough.then he said it had a 350 in it,i laughed and asked if he would open the hood,and damned if it didn't.he made his own frame for the front fenders out of 1'' channel and had two cooling fans for the radiater. thats when i noticed there was no grill or front bumper. there was no place to mount them. he told me it was fast when he could get the tires to hook up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif WE NEED PICS!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. boggerless

i thought the same thing. i hope he becomes a regular customer so i can. shaved door handles and all. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

MEPR posted a link to a LUV with a 396. The link showed about 30 pic's of the build-up and had a 1 minute video at the bottom. By the time he did the video which was taken inside the truck on a 'ride-along' the 396 was supercharged.

The motor was set back a fair ways and the guy built a doghouse/custom firewall for it. 4 link rear, narrowed diff...but the truck was a couple of shades of primer.

Rene

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We had a 350 in a 2x4 luv. Thing was very fast. We put the radiator in the bed and did not run an air cleaner so the hood would close. Thinking back, that might have been a bad idea. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. tRustyK5

7. boggerless

wow. a 396. i was impressed with a 350, his was a hack job. but it worked,i don't think the fans worked though cause it was at 250 degrees and bumped the key and killed it so he poured water on the starter and engine to cool it down /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. i was waiting for something to break. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifthe battery was in the cab on the passenger floor. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif also i didn't know those thing had six lugs. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. tRustyK5

Check the video out...and make sure you crank the speakers up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

Rene

9. boggerless

the pics are cool,but this POS won't load the video. keeps saying action canceled /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i'll try later though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. tRustyK5

Right click, save as...trust me you'll want to watch it more than once. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Rene

11. boggerless

absolutly histerical. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i played it about 6 times.i'd love to own it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. tRustyK5

That'd be a fun little truck to drive...

I've watched that video at least 20 times, I just love the sound of that thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Rene

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

How much do you want to bet that guy dies driving that thing? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. tRustyK5

Maybe...but they'll have to surgically remove that smile from his face. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Rene

15. boggerless

i probably wouldn't have i lisence long. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif