Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 3/4 making some scary sounds

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jan 10, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

on my dads 79 3/4 4x4, its starting to make some disturbing sounds like somethings loose or somethin..when you go to move forward like after backing out of a driveway or something it something sounds like its clicking or moving, or shifts, allmost maybe like loose u-bolts or something like that, also makes it when you go over a bump or something.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif any one have simalier problems ever?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Somethin like that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Need to be a little more descriptive about the sound oe something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

jack it up by the frame and let the rear end hang.. with it in 2wd put it in drive and see what moves that shouldnt.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif or something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know kind of hopeless eh? its full time 4x4 though..203..

5. Confedneck

jack the whole damned thing up then.. or just sell it to me for 300 bucks and ill part it out, and no more noises guaranteed.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what is it with everyone and there obsesions with parting these trucks!? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif after hanging around here to long ill be afraid to sell everytruck i ever have /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

you better do something with it or something will break...or something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

lol...i dunno...doesnt bother me as its not my truck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but still its an old chevy and weve had it forever, so id kinda like to know whats doing it..but that thing makes more noises than u can shake a stick at so ... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Confedneck

something unsafe could happen if you dont fix it, or something.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

somethin' somethin' somethin'...ok it's dead now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

mine was making similer noises like that, i did a extrime search for any thing that looked sub-normal on my trucks rear and the part that we welded on my frame wasnt busted so it wasnt that, turned out to be ice in the rear spring bushings and leaf springs that cause it to make a bang type of noise when the suspension flexed alittle, and old orignal lower spring hanger bushings on the rear and old bushigns in the front rear shackles in the frame bushings could be part of the noises too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea the bushings in this truck are shot..79, spent all its life in rochester winters, all origional bushings.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

could be anything from damaged or worn hub to damaged or worn Cv shaft, etc etc etc, it will take visual inspection and getting dirty to find what is worn out, could even just be a U joint, owning 4x4's means having to constantly look for worn broken parts to have to spend more and more money on, expensive "hobby"

ppl part these things when they get so tired or broken down or rusted out that its more sensible to part them,

good luck