Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 blazer 4" lift...regarding no bumpstops on front and negative arch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eripley, Jun 30, 2005.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Hello everyone.
    I have recently done some mods to increase my rear flex and have been satisfied. However when my front flexes so that one side or the other is compressed my 4" BDS spring is flat on one side (on the verge of going negative) on the other side is looks like I can droop more (spring can droop, shock has more travel left, and none of my histeer steering components are hitting anything). Im afraid to push it further because of the things I have heard about springs going negative. Do I have to have bump stops? Would adding overloads on the front help instead of bump stops? I have never seen anyone running overloads on the front, is that because you will hit them on rocks?!. On the rear I have mine still on and have no bump stops and things look fine when the vehicle flexes. How negative can a BDS 4" spring go? Am I concerned over nothing or is this really an issue?

I drive this truck on the road and also go to tellico and do some of the moderate trails and would like to eventually move on to harder stuff as my driving skills increase.
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Just install front bumpstops, use square tube to space your factory bump stops down if you did not want to spend $$ on ORD bumpstops. You need to measure how much of a spacer or how long you need the bumpstop to be to work.