Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 blazer lift,transfer case,axle question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kevinsmith235, Jul 20, 2005.

1. kevinsmith235

kevinsmith235 Newbie

i have a 79 blazer with a 3in. trailmaster body lift,6in. superlift suspension lift,a np203 transfer case, front and rear axles are half tons with 35in. tires. I just sold my 40.in super swampers they were shot. I'm in the process of gathering info on diffrent set ups because i'm going to restore it for a show truck that i will be driving on the street.I want to put either 18 or 20 inch wheels with 40in nitto mudgrappler tires.I would like to change the transfer case to the np205 is this good or bad idea?same for the axles should i leave the half tons or go bigger?some people say yes some say no.like i said i will be driving it on the street no offroading.It all depends on the way you drive is usually the answer and if so what rear should i look for?should i get a bigger lift?any info is great thanks

2. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

IMHO i would not lift a C or K over 7"

The Dana 44 aka 10-bolt axle assy is not rated for 40" tires, use 35's or buy a pair of D-60's

Look up NP205 in the dictionary.........bullet-proof, indestructable, un-breakable, rock-crushing, torque-spittin gear-driven part-time transfer case that will run circles around a 203

Show-trucks are not driven on the streets, but street-trucks are driven to the shows :bow:

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If its just a show rig, not a whole lot off road, both the 1/2 ton axles and the NP 203 should be fine. Just don't go out and try rock crawling in it.