Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 chevy 1 ton.... thinkin of buying

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RootBreaker, Jun 10, 2003.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i met up with a old friend. He said his yard is starting to look like sanford and son. He said he has to get rid of some /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif from his yard. He has a 79 chevy 1 ton d60 front/14bolt rear. I dont know the gear ratios but i have been looking for a d60 front. He wants $500 for the entire truck. Well the condition is that i have to take the entire truck. My wife doesnt me to getto up the new neighborhood. Now this truck has 38's under it. I havent seen it yet. he said 4" lift. Can you put 4" lift on a 79 1 ton without fender trimming to fit 38's?
    I called him but cant get hold of him. I could even get the lift to get my truck to nj legal !!!!!
    anyhow 38's and 4" lift....hmmmmmm

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Don't waste your time with that truck. You don't wanna make momma mad do ya? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Just pm me his name and number and we'll call it good /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Fletch79

Fletch79 Registered Member

Sounds like a rip off ............ what's his number?
    I know a wrecking yard that'll give him $35 for scrap.

4. RootBreaker

yall are too funny.... but didnt even answer my question... how much lift would it take to clear 38's?.
    p.s. there is already a k5 member that is on the deal. I am taking the front axle, dual tanks, wiring, guage cluster... he is getting the 14 bolt.. unless it has 4.88's then i will take both axles and give him both of mine... for $250 plus he gets the frame, and what ever else is there that he wants.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    so from the sounds of me getting ripped off on this deal...

IT IS A GOOD DEAL!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

You won't get 38's under with just 4" of lift without some trimming and I'd say it will take alot of trimming unless you run very narrow wheels. Mudhog has 38's with 2.5" of lift IIRC. It all depends how attached you are to your sheet metal. Do a search in this forum and in the garage. This topic has been brought up alot. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Hope I helped a little.

6. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i've got 6" lift and 35" tires - don't think i could fit 38s under my truck. take a look at my pics if ya wanna see 35/6 - maybe it'll help you picture your setup

alex

7. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

im running 38.5s with 4 inches of lift with light sawzalling /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. RootBreaker

well i got hold of the guy again.....

it is a 4" suspension and 4" body lift....

no dual tanks so wont fix my problems there...

definitely a d60 front but i gotta figure out the gear ratio... obviously if someone listed it hopefully it has 4.56's if so i dont need the rear axle... but if it is 4.88's then i will yank both.....

hmm guess i should take the gear box.. 1 ton.... but xover cant use it... grrrrr... oh well i am going to go see it hopefully tomorrow....

any one need parts?

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    yall are too funny.... but didnt even answer my question... how much lift would it take to clear 38's?.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on how much trimming u are willing to do, and how much flex u plan on having. I mean, if u had front/rear anti sway bars and really stiff springs and/or some trimming, u could fit 38s with no lift prolly...

j