Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 k5 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by win717, Jan 22, 2004.

1. win717

win717 Registered Member

Its been so long since i been here i forgot my log in name and password..had to start over..anyways..I have 2 questions..first i bought my blazer last year..it needed floors new carb exhaust gaskets...It is a 4 spd.35in tires 4in sup.lift..anyway it also needed a throw out bearing rattles like crazy..so it took me some time but i put new floors..new intake new 4barrel carb..ok so it has been sitting for bout 3 months..i started it up to get it inspected but now i can't down shift unless i rev it up and play with it..and the 2nd thing when i bought it it had a beat up 2 barral carb wouldn't idle no power...so i put a edlebrock intake and 4 barrel carb..it idles fine but i start out in 2nd but as soon as i shirt into 3rd it bogs real bad..any ideas? thanks ahead of time Rich

2. win717

win717 Registered Member

ANY help? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't no crap about manuals for the most part but it sounds like your bog could be in the timing or secondaries engaging to early or something. Carbs and manuals aren't areas that I am really knowledgable but at least I bumped your thread. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

TTT

Sounds like your clutch is out of adjustment and not disengaging. Tightening it up (adjusting free play) is most likely your best bet to fix the problem.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Yeah, i agree. It sounds like the clutch is disengaging completly and not allowing you to shift.
    What 4bbl carb did you go with? was it new or used?

6. win717

win717 Registered Member

Not sure of the cfm it was rebuilt elderbrock carb,said it was for my year engine/model