Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 K5 to 73-74 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pwmin, Mar 3, 2005.

1. pwmin

pwmin Registered Member

sorry if this has been discussed before. im new and am testing out the site before i become a full member. what would it take to turn a 76+ top into a fully removable top? would you just need the top and doors from a 73-74 or would you also need the windshield frame and other stuff? im planning on replacing all the panels on my truck soon because all are either rusty or full of holes or tree dents, etc, or some combination and i wanted to make the top fully removable also. thanks

Paul

2. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Top, doors and you'll have to graf in the top half of the windshield frame. Make sure you get all the seal and top brackets. :xmas:

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

doors top and window frame. I found it easier to replace the whole window frame then try to weld in half way or 3/4 way up the window because of the seal. it is easier to cut off down below the window and weld in a whole new frame just make sure everything is even. so your top and doors line up.