Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'79 Smokey and the bandit trans am super cheap near me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

\'79 Smokey and the bandit trans am super cheap near me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481199351&category=6427

I chatted over email with this guy before he listed it on ebay, he's selling it for $350 locally, down from $1000 a week ago (very impatient I guess). The car is more or less rotted out (he sent me pics, the rear window's rotted beyond my skill to repair), but for that motor, tranny, nose, and rear, I was tempted to buy it myself...

Anybody interested? I can't store it for you, but if you're totally seriously interested, I might be able to cruise by there and check it out a little closer. He's a fair ways away from me, so it's not really a hop skip and a jump toget there, but this is a tempting deal...

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Re: \'79 Smokey and the bandit trans am super cheap near me

One of these days I hope to buy one. But I really don't want to have to do any body work. I have a cuda now that needs body work, and I vowed never again.

I would like to build up the 400, factory was only rated at 195hp, and drop in a 6-speed tranny behind it. Then set up suspension and brakes to make it into a sweet road racer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Smokey and the Bandit rulz! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

In the long run, it's probably cheaper to just buy one from a non-salted state that doesn't need $15K in body work. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I restored one about 7 years ago and parts was a PITA to find back then. Restored and suped up the motor, a few weeks later, wrapped around a telephone pole /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

AHHHH thats nothing a little diamond plate wouldn't fix /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's true, but I was thinking cannibalize it. Restoration is a pretty biiiiig project for this car...

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    AHHHH thats nothing a little diamond plate wouldn't fix /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "Redneck is as redneck does, Sir!" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Current bid is $51.00

Take the engine out and take the hulk to the boneyard! They might give you $50 for it.

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Some people do restore worse. Pretty much gonna need a second car and basically transfer all you can to the second one ( vin plates cowl tag...........oh thats Gone in 60 Seconds , oops ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

man wish I had a place to put that, and a way to have it here cheap. would cost more than it's worth just to get it to TX