Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79 style instrument panel ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 20, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

how many years was this 79 style panel made/used:

with the 100mph blue marked speedo with lower rectangle window for the big orange `4 wheel lock' and `choke' lights and also with blue hi beam light at top- and also the blue marked large fuel guage with large red bottom mounted `fasten belts' and `brake' lights

small clock in lower left, not quartz

does this all sound correct for a 79 ? looks like an interesting combo to me, i cant recall seeing too many like this, at least not in any 78 or older trucks and not any 80s ones, either, its a 2wd truck so the 4 wheel lock thing threw me off, but is no light in socket for that so hmm..

when was 85mph first started ? 82 or 83 right?

maybe i should pic the guages, hmm..

thanks for any info at all

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Don't know for how long they made that style, but I do know that the 85MPH started in 1980.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thats pretty standard bro, in most late 70's ive found that in almost all, even 2wd. send me or post a pic just in case, so i can have a good look. hey, ya still got the engine tin stuff and motor lift brackets ? ya never got back to me. thanks.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats cool, im just thinking that the blue surround fuel and speedo faces were used not very long maybe for three years max possibly if even that long, i know never had any in any of the 78 or older i have ever had. so hmm..

Darren, howdy, yeah i do have tin and lift brackets around, lemme know what you wanna do, remind me of which tin pieces, i think the 350 heat stove tin ? i can pic if i find out agian which pieces exactly.

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

R

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ya, im looking for the spark plug protectors, heat stone parts and possibley engine lift brackets. get back to me. thanks.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    how many years was this 79 style panel made/used:

with the 100mph blue marked speedo with lower rectangle window for the big orange `4 wheel lock' and `choke' lights and also with blue hi beam light at top- and also the blue marked large fuel guage with large red bottom mounted `fasten belts' and `brake' lights

small clock in lower left, not quartz

does this all sound correct for a 79 ? looks like an interesting combo to me, i cant recall seeing too many like this, at least not in any 78 or older trucks and not any 80s ones, either, its a 2wd truck so the 4 wheel lock thing threw me off, but is no light in socket for that so hmm..

when was 85mph first started ? 82 or 83 right?

maybe i should pic the guages, hmm..

thanks for any info at all

[/ QUOTE ]
    Choke light indicates a 80's dash. 79 didn't have a electric choke it had a hot air chock so no way to use a "Choke" light.
    My 79 with tach has the 4 wheel light, seat belt, brake and one unused slot.