Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

79k5 canister and fuel line question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BozoWise, Aug 4, 2005.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

There is a large metal fuel line that runs infront of the engine on the crossmember traveling just above the brake line splitter. It then goes to a rubber line near the steering gear and to a plastic canister on the raditor support. There are few rubber lines from the canister to the carb.

An employee of mine crimped the metal line installing a ord steering box brace.

Is this line a return? Just wondering if it was under pressure or if we could cut it and route it around the brace with a rubber patch.

2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

that sounds like the EVAP line to the fuel tank from the EVAP canister. You should be able to patch it up with some rubber line and be okay...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if its 3/8" then i bet it used ot run up and T with the PVC hose

if you clean off top of the evap can yo will see there are short words for each port, one will say PVC and another will say MAN and others will say something else

you can figure it out from looking on the evap top

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

It was the line to the fuel tank. I spliced in some fuel hose, but can I ditch this entire canister setup and delete all the hoses. How to??

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Problem is, EVAP is the vent for the tank on the later setups. Hard to vent the setup without introducing another way for (humid) air to get in the tank and form condensation.