Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dieselburban, Feb 23, 2004.

1. dieselburban

dieselburban Registered Member

I have a 84 1/2 ton suburban,I want to put a 8 inch lift under it with new f/r springs.What technical stuff do I need to know such as driveshaft angle,do I have to lenghten both driveshafts,what to do with the front cv joint,transfer case drop?what lenght shocks to use.pretty much everything. I have only done 4" lifts in the past.any and all replies would greatly be appreciated thanks... What about a cv in the rear? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I had a 6" and went to an 8" on my '89 and i had to do the obvious, brake lines, i installed an ORD shackle flip to avoid running a block with 4" rear spring and an 8" front spring. The crossover pipe from the right to the left had to be cut and rerouted but the front driveshaft does not rub. I can't remember if the front needed to be lengthened but the rear should be ok. I am currently running 36" tires and they will hit the fender on extreme cases.

I am in the process of installing 14FF and putting a 12" lift to install 40" tires. If you are looking for 8" lift parts let me know.