Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KingDuramax, Sep 4, 2006.

1. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status

How would you guys do a 8in. lift on a 90 K5? Just buy a kit or do a mix between shackle flip,zero rate etc. I plan to use this truck as a weekend wheeler and summer driver. My goal is to run a 36x14.5 swamper and not rub any.

2. 1crzy88

1crzy88 1/2 ton status

well let me start out with first the rear, use a 2" tough country lift spring, ord's 4" shackle flip and there 6" (which gives you 2" of lift) HD shackles. Oh and when you do this buy the 56" springs and turn the backwards to move your axle back. (when you do the 56's, you will have to drill new holes of the brackets.) Now the front is a little easier (if you want) the eaiest way is buy some 8" tough county soft ride springs and ORD's front HD shackles. i have everything on my 88k5 except i used superlifts front spring. If you want a little better articulation in the front use 56" front springs and move your purches forward. its a little more time, and im not sure its worth it. But some people do it. You can look under my name and see my lift in action.

T

PS. im on 37's and i did a little cutting. On the front fender your going to have to cut almost all the way to the fire wall but not really much going forward. the rear should be fine. And i used 4" rear springs and the 4" shackle flip.

3. 1crzy88

1crzy88 1/2 ton status

Here you go.

i have a one ton rear and im still running open diff. this was camping this weekend

T

IMG_3514 (2).JPG

4. KingDuramax

Why do you recommend Tough Country springs. I ask because I have always used Skyjacker springs. Do tough Country's flex better or what?

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Everyone has personal preference. I'm sticking with Skyjackers.

6. 1crzy88

1crzy88 1/2 ton status

ya i agree... alot say that they ride better. i love mine.

T

7. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

in the front, 6" springs with a zero rate and longer shackles. the rear 4" shackle flip with 3-4 " springs maybe a zero rate. I run 8 inch springs now and if I did it again things would be different. the front is ok, the rear I had to take a few leaves out of to gain flex.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i had 8" rear springs, now i run 5" 64's and 4" homemade shackleflip. ~9" lift and flexs real well i love it. i currently have 8" BDS springs up front. ill be swappin eventually tho

9. KingDuramax

thanks for the info.