Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85burbanator, Feb 17, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

hey there i think this is my first post so i figured i would ask a question. im looking for an 8 inch lift kit and cant decide between superlift, skyjacker, or the bds kit. some people over at ps.com said alot of yall run the bds kits. how are they? im not looking for rock crawling flexibility but some flexibilty would be nice.
    also how is the ride compared to superlifts and skyjackers lifts? oh yea, this is for my 1985 gmc suburban k1500. any info would be very much aprecieated also maybe some pics of an 8 inch lift on 35's on an older k5 or burban or something of that sort so i can get a good idea of what she'll look like. again i thank you.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i used to run 8 inch superlift springs, and those SOB's were stiff as hell, I think i would go with skyjacker softrides, I think that the burb in TTC 2001 was running 8 inch skyjackers,

3. NE-RokToy

NE-RokToy Registered Member

if your worried about ride and flexability I would be looking at something smaller then an 8" lift. To each his own though

4. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

I used 8" softride leafs on this truck, with a front mounts dropped 3" and the rear shackle 1.5" longer, the spring still touches the frame under max compression. In the rear, I used a 4" shackle flip, 4x56" spring and a 4" block welded to the diff. 44" bogs on 15x14 bead locks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently I need more room in the front, since the tires regularly clearance the fenders.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If your only looking for 8" lift total, you may want to consitter 6" lift springs up front, 4" shackle flip with 2.5" springs in the rear, and a 2" body lift. I personally like BDS, but alot of people like the Tough Country springs. If you're only running 35" tires, 6" lift should be enough, or 4" and some fender trimming.

6. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

8" will tower over 35s /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i know but that is only till i can afford 37's or 38's.