Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85burbanator, Jun 16, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

ok im starting to peice togeth my lift. im going to go with 8 inch super lift front lift springs up front (i can get them cheap, $100), the echobit shackle flip in back with prolly some ez ride 3 inch springs and maybe a zero rate thing. also i plan on cross over sterring. now the questions i have are
    - how hard is it to do cross over steering, any link or helpfull info would help on that.
    - if i were to do cross over steering would i still need corrective steering parts? if so, what?
    - would i need to lengthen d-shafts and drop t-case?

i have a 14bff that i will be putting in when i do the lift so should i have somebody move the spring perches to correct pinion angle?
    thats all i can think of as of right now. if you have anything to add go for it im open to suggestions cause i want to do it right. flex isnt really a main consern cause i live in the woods and there is more logs and the such the rocks so . thanx in advanse
    mike

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

what about the length of the axles and the angles and all that jive mess.

4. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

you are going to need longer high angle driveshafts and drop the transfer case. i have 6" springs and my front driveshaft is more than maxed out. you will probably need both of them. a transfer case drop help out alot on angles also. your pinion angle for the rear will probably be ok. the shacke flip will rotate the pinion up very close to where you will need it. the springs will also to this too by mounting the axle more forward on the spring.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm not really sure since your truck has a long wheelbase but I know with that much lift on a K5 you will have to do all kinds of stuff with the driveshafts but that doesn't help you any... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif