Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift steering and such

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Jun 15, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

ok im starting to peice togeth my lift. im going to go with 8 inch super lift front lift springs up front (i can get them cheap, $100), the echobit shackle flip in back with prolly some ez ride 3 inch springs and maybe a zero rate thing. also i plan on cross over sterring. now the questions i have are
    - how hard is it to do cross over steering, any link or helpfull info would help on that.
    - if i were to do cross over steering would i still need corrective steering parts? if so, what?
    - would i need to lengthen d-shafts and drop t-case?

i have a 14bff that i will be putting in when i do the lift so should i have somebody move the spring perches to correct pinion angle?
    thats all i can think of as of right now. if you have anything to add go for it im open to suggestions cause i want to do it right. flex isnt really a main consern cause i live in the woods and there is more logs and the such the rocks so /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif. thanx in advanse
    mike

2. 85burbanator

dont all post at once /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif anybody at all

3. 85burbanator

dont all post at once /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif anybody at all /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

Maybe you should post in 73-91? There seems to be more response to questions like these there. If that makes any sense. Good luck!

Allan

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I have 8" skyjacker front springs, ORD shackles and crossover steering in the front. My rearsetup is ORD shackle flip, 4" lift 56" Tuff Country springs turned backwards. Xover steering is easy..especially if you have a D60 front and it's worth every penny.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think everyone kinda goes "SEARCH" and yee shall find.....
    about a million posts on crossover steering on this forum
    not to mention the write ups/tech section articles here and on offroad.com as well as every other 4x4 forum online and every 4x4 magasine