Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch lift to 4 inch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Apr 13, 2007.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Well I am tired of driving my 8 inch blazer on the highway and when it is windy it feels like my k5 is going to blow away :crazy: . I want to do a 4 inch lift and still run my 36 tires. I thought about doing crossover with the 8 inch lift to correct my steering problem. I just don't like the 8 inch lift. I want this k5 to be able to be driven as comfortable as it can be. My first 73 with 1/2 ton axles and a 4 inch lift and 3 inch body lift was a lot better on the road. What lift do you guys suggest name, all spring, shackle flip in back? I want to have a semi daily driver that will be comfortable to drive on the highway. Anyone want to trade lifts :confused: Oh yeah almost forgot how do you tell if your driveshaft has been lenghthed And will I have to shorten it if it has been for the 4 inch lift. :doah:

2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I would go with skyjacker softride springs up front and factory rear springs with a shackle flip if you are looking for comfort.

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

how much of the slip yoke is visible coming out of the transfer case?
    Most of the time if you wipe off the grease you can see old scratches and pitts on one section (where it stuck out for years and years) and you can see a smooth section (where it has just been pulled out recently).

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

TC springs in front and a shackle flip in the rear. You may want to consider a set or two of zero rates. Depending on your tires and trimming needed, you may want to use a set to move the front axle forward, and if the rear sits a little low you can use a set back there for a leveling kit.

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Is your lift 8inch springs all the way around? How much you want for them? :D

6. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

x2:D

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Lets keep the selling and parts requests in the classified forums please. :deal:

Rene

8. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry Rene... was just calling dibs... back on topic. Leper basically covered it but you have several options as far as the shackle flip goes. DIY4X, ORD, Black Widow Performance, just to name a few. I will probably go with DIY4X when I do mine, because of the shackles that can be used with it. Another spring many people like are BDS. Apparently they ride just as well as the TC EZ rides.

9. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Looks I am going to go with a set of spring in the front with the stock springs and shackle flip in back. I need to look at my driveshaft closely. I also need to read up on zero rates. Mr smartass you are first in line for the 8 inch springs followed by divorced. :wink1: I am going to sell to get some of my money back. And yes they are 8 inch springs all the way around. Thanks for the replies.

10. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

have you taken a close look to see if there are other issues? something else that is giving you this "unstable" feeling?
    I too have 8" lift springs all the way around and my truck is extremely stable...I can cruise down the highway at 75-80mph and I never feel like its out of control and thats with a big drop draglink for steering and worn out shocks.
    Just a thought.

11. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

well i have 9 inches all together. 6 inch springs and 3 inch body. the springs are BDS. not sure if it's the spirngs or what but they ride rough as hell. it looks as though they trimmed the shackle to get the springs to clear? never thought that'd be a problem but they are directly on top of the shackle. i am thinking that is what is making it so rough.

12. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

I have to look again. My blazer is at my brothers mechanics house. He found I had a bad tbi gasket and my idle air control valve is frozen. I should get it back Sunday. I think my lift is rough country or tough country I can't remember. I just don't need that high of a lift for what I am going to use my blazer for.