Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 inch or 12 inch lift?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dieselmh, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to decide exactly what I want out of my K5. I'm either going to run an 8 inch lift with 38's or possibly a 12 inch lift with 44's. What are some good places to contact for prices and availability for my '70 K5? I want good flex, and I'm not real worried about on road smoothness, as long as I can handle the steering. Are there any companies that make good 8 inch or 12 inch suspension lift, I don't want to use a body lift at all if I can avoid it. Also, does anyone have any pics of their rides with an 8 or 12 inch lift? Thanks for the help.

Diesel

Everything's bigger in Texas!

2. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

I pesonaly run 38.5 tsl's with 5 inches of lift. I have a 4 inch Tuff Country Ezride with a 1 inch ORD bodylift and some trimming. I am Really pleased with the ride and have goobs of flex. But if I wanted an 8 inch I would go with Skyjacker before Superlift because of the softer spring rate which will result in a better ride and flex better. With a 12 inch the ride sucks and you still can't fit 44's without rubbing. The 38's should fit if you don't go wider than a 14.50 width and a wheel with good backspacing.

"need more <font color=green>cash</font color=green>"