Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8" lift issues?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 9, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

8\" lift issues?

Wondering what issues there are to deal with when going that big? Longer shafts and upgraded steering for certain(crossover on a D60 would be the case). Anything else? I'm thinking when I'm done the buggy since my 89 Burb is my next project 8" lift and some 38s would be real nice. I still like big lifts even if they aren't all that functional.

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: 8\" lift issues?

Brake and vent lines, Pinion angle, I would do a shackle flip on the rear to eliminate the lift blocks... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yaeh I was thinking shackle flip and 4" springs outback. Big expense will be the need of another set of 1 tons with 4.56s. Just means saving money for a while.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I say stick with 6" and 35s if it's going to be a tow rig. Way more tires to choose from, too.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You will probably need more lift than just 8" if you plan on running 38's and not cutting the fenders. You're going to need more like 10-12" lift probably. There isn't much more to do with an 8" lift than a 6". Just you will probably need aftermarket lift springs for the rear to gain that much lift.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Depends on how wide the tires are of course. With 9" I ate the hell out of my fenders before I cut them.

Now that they're out of the way things are no longer an issue. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

good luck with it all!!!!ive been banging my head for months on here,trying to figure out a good route to go.rjfguitar made a post=best way to make 10-12 inches of lift,check it out!!its cool.(its got a little slot machine action,too) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifgood luck!!hp