Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8" lift, minus shocks, $300.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

*sold*

8" lift for '73-'87 Chevy. 8" front springs with good bushings, 6" rear blocks and 2" add-a-leaves, all 8 U-bolts (for a Dana 44 or 10-bolt front and a 3/4 ton 14-bolt rear), 4" raised steering arm. No shocks or brake lines. $300.

*SOLD*

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I might be interested in the add a leaves, and Dillon should probably get the raised steering arm for future use...

I'm interested in the axles too, but don't know how soon I could take them. I'd like to get wheels rounded up first, have something that might work out right now. I'll have to find out. I have no place to put this stuff before I install them, so it's kinda hard.

3. mountainexplorer

I don't really want to part out the lift, but I'm sure I can find some more add-a-leaves. Are your rear springs sagging?

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

No, I've just been toying with the idea of just a little more lift. I actually need new rear springs, I'm missing a piece of one of them.:whistle:

I'm considering just going with a shackle flip to eliminate the block and another set of 52's out of a 1/2 ton pickup. Should be pretty flexy. Then later I might throw in a set of TC EZ Ride 6" springs up front, then even out the back with add a leaves. Or 52's up front too, might be too much work though.

5. mountainexplorer

Have Dillon drag you up to my place some weekend. I have a bunch of 52" and 56" rear springs on frames to choose from. If you pull a pair, they automatically become yours. I just don't want to be involved in the labor part. ;)

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds good, I'll have to do that sometime.