Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8" Lift owners: driveshaft angle mods?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AGM73k5, May 15, 2001.

1. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

8\" Lift owners: driveshaft angle mods?

I'm not having much luck searching on this one so I thought I'd post it, if anyone can direct me to a post answering this I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at different lifts for my rig and right now would like to go with an 8". I know about longer drivelines/brakelines/steering mods, but havn't found info on whether or not I'd need to do anything with turning the pumpkin or spring perches. So my question is: With an 8 inch suspension lift, I'm planning on springs all around, what mods are generally needed to bring the drive shaft angles back into line? I understand each rig is a little different and I will need to measure/find angles after intalling the lift, but any info I have ahead of time can help me make a more informed decision.

Thanks
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

Re: 8\" Lift owners: driveshaft angle mods?

yes you should cut'n'turn the front and reposition the rear perches.

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Are you looking into a CV joint driveline?
    What are you gonna fit under the 8" lift?

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

SWEET! I have a 9" suspension lift on mine and love it. As for the mods, I have a t-case drop, degree shims in both front and rear, drop pitman arm, steering arm, and drag link, extended brake lines, and lengthened driveshafts. I had to grind on the CV-joint on the front driveshaft to keep it from binding up. I did the same thing on the slip yoke in the rear. Rotating your axles helps a lot. I need to rotate the rear just a little bit more, but it's not to bad right now. I'm hopefully going to be getting a 14FF for the rear pretty soon. Also, if you are wondering where I got the 9" from, I have 1" ORD add-a-leafs bolted to the springs. Looks really good with 38's! If you have anymore questions or anything, feel free to e-mail me, or whatever. Good luck!

Alex

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos