Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8-lug 10bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XtrmChevy, Jul 25, 2001.

1. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

I bought a 1981 3/4 longbed Pickup yesterday. It has the 10-bolt 8-lug front and 14bolt ff in the rear with 4.10 gears, 350 engine th400 trans and a 208 t-case. Luckely I have found a D60 front with matching 4.10 and a divorced NP 205 witch is most likely going to be put behind the 208.

Ok so my question is: Since I have no use for the 10-bolt front is there anything I can use as an argument when selling it to a K5-guy? Is it really any stronger than a regular 6-lug?

2. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well it atleast has bigger brakes and beariing, so its a liltle bit better. But not much!!!! Good luck.h

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Where are you located and how much would you like for it?
    I am in dire need of an 8 lug 4.10 ratio front diff right now.
    I checked out your profile, but there is no location or email.

If you're interested in selling it, shoot me an email to either of the following address'

Home email <font color=blue>TomHoyle@Swbell.Net</font color=blue>
    Work Email <font color=blue>Thomas_Hoyle@Dell.Com</font color=blue>

Thomas.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --

4. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

I live in Finland, Europe so I dont think there will be any trade...Sorry!

When I looked under the truck a little closer I noticed there isnt space for a front driveshaft if I put the 205 behind the 208. But I have the solution allready. I take the other 205 I have, it is made for leftside front driveshaft (I REALLY cant imagine what make use those...) and put it in insted of the 208.

It belonged to a Chevy van 4x4 made by Quigley so it will fit behind a 350 or 700.