Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 lug conv??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unicknn, Sep 7, 2002.

1. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

How har is it to do this? Is it very expensive? What are the pros and cons of diong it?

lmk
    Nick

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I assume you are talking about the front axle...It is easy...It took me about 4 hours from start to finish including grinding my 3/4 ton calipers for my 15" wheels... I had the 3/4 backing plat sitting around and I pick up the hub/rotor assemblies from AutoZone for $100 a piece and the bearings were like $30 So $230 or so... I did it so I had wheel that matched front and rear b/c I put a 14bolt axle in the rear which has an 8 on 6.5" lug pattern and I wanted the same for the front...

Chris

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Its easy.If you can turn a wrench,you can do it.

I spent $250 for my parts.I got the hubs and rotors,spindles,wheel bearings,and backing plates.My parts were from a 10 bolt and I put them on my 44.

The pro part of the swap is having 8 lugs up front to match the 14 bolt,ya only gotta carry one spare /forums/images/icons/grin.gif No real cons to it.

I did a search and found alot of good info.