Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 Lug D44 Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tommy, Apr 12, 2000.

1. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

What all would be needed to change a Dana 44 w/discs (6lug) to * lugg? Is the size of the rotors the same, could the same calipers be used? Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to help a friend on his Jeep. He wants to have 8 lug all the way around.

2. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

I believe that the rotors on the 8 lug are bigger because the 8 lug is 3/4 ton & up. You should be able to get both left and right knuckle assemblies and switch them w/the 6 bolt... I'm pretty sure on this but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Just get the rotors, hubs, and backing plates from a 3/4 ton GM 4x4. You can get the rotors new but I had a hard time finding rotors with hubs already pressed in, so I got the hubs off of the trashed set of rotors at a local junkyard. The calipers are the same on a 1/2 ton. E-mial me if I can help out any more.

BIGJ